Portraits and Self Portraits

My 2 favorite tips are-

1. Introduce a Prop

Add a prop of some kind into your shots and you create another point of interest that can enhance your shot.
Yes you might run the risk of taking too much focus away from your main subject but you could also really add a sense of story and place to the image that takes it in a new direction and gives the person you’re photographing an extra layer of depth that they wouldn’t have had without the prop.
2. Setting 
The settings in which you make pictures of people are important because they add to the viewer's understanding of your subject. The room in which a person lives or works, their house, the city street they walk, the place in which they seek relaxation—whatever it is, the setting provides information about people and tells us something about their lives. Seek balance between subject and environment. Include enough of the setting to aid your image, but not so much that the subject is lost in it.
Environmental Portraits
I like the photo of the woman because the back lighting makes the tiny fibers appear to sparkle around her. I like the basketball photo because of it's interesting perspective. 
Self Portriats 
I like the first photo because of the contrast between blac and white and all of the intrecate beads and head dress. I like the second photo because it looks very interesting because he is painting himself. 
For the first photo I like the tilted picture and blurred background. And for the second one I liked that the subject is off to the side. 
For my self portrait I plan one taking the photographs outside of my house maybe on the porch or the backyard. We also have the christmas lights up which I could use in my photos. I want them to have a natural feel to them and I'll probably wear something neutrel like black or white. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Abandoned Amusment Parks